Monday, July 11, 2011

Explorations

Stampede... I mean the Mona Lisa room

Giverny! Monet's Japanese bridge


Catacombs!



Jardin du Luxembourg

Tea and Tattered Pages

After spending the morning in Montmarte, the most touristy part of Paris after the Eiffel Tower itself, it felt good to branch out and do some exploring in smaller groups. I brought a group of friends to my favorite little Thai restaurant by the Louvre where we are always the only group speaking English (quite an uncommon feature of most of our dining experiences). Later in the afternoon, I checked out a little tea shop called "Tea and Tattered Pages" that sells used books but is also a tearoom. I was going to head to Les Deux Magots, one of the cafes Hemingway repeatedly mentions, but I ended up out reading in Jardin du Luxembourg instead. It was the perfect evening for it -- I got there a little before 7, I think, but it was still bright and sunny up until I left an hour and a half later. Cooked dinner in the "apartment" again!! Also finally did real laundry tonight (as opposed to sink laundry). Yes, it's close to the end of the program but I'm not down to travel for another two weeks with only semi-clean socks and underwear!! I've almost reached my goal of riding every Metro line!!

No comments:

Post a Comment