Monday, June 20, 2011

Clouds, Crepes, and Cafes

It's still drizzly and grey here, but at least it's been warmer today. Woke up today in Paris -- funny, I've never said that before! Even though many people told me before my trip that the French hate Americans and are incredibly rude to you if you don't speak French, no one has been anything short of cordial and kind to me. And for those who I cannot communicate with in their language, I just make do with gestures, very basic words, or default back to Spanish or Italian. It's so nice to be settled a bit more; I actually put my clothes away on the shelves and in the closet instead of living out of my suitcase! Our hotel is quite nice and you can see the Eiffel Tower from the window!

Though I had somewhat planned out my day based on the many excited recommendations the man at the front desk of my hotel gave me, I ran into Teo at the hotel and decided to stick around. My roommate showed up while I was unpacking so the two of us ran around for a while. We got crepes at the stand across the street and walked over to the Eiffel Tower to eat them. Then we explored the area a bit and got coffee at a little place called Cafe du Trocadero (which made me think of the little song Audrey Tatou's character sings in the beginning of Coco Before Chanel). 

It's been a nice and relaxing day. Can't wait to meet everyone and get things started tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment