Sunday, June 19, 2011

Then, Suddenly, I Was In Paris!

The first time I crossed a street in Paris, it was against the light. To be fair, all the other pedestrians on the sidewalk did the same and who am I to critique their street-crossing etiquette? It’s actually pretty nice outside, despite the many clouds in ominously varying shades of grey and white. As it turns out, I was able to get to my hotel via two metro stops and a nice little walk (with multiple references to my fellow sidewalk folk … many hand gestures were necessary due to my lack of French skills). There were some incredible Eiffel Tower views on the walk over here!! I’m really excited to acquaint myself with this city!! There’s also a nice little market not too far away that I want to go back and explore. And, of course, I have to go have some cafĂ© au lait in one of the countless little cafes along the street. Can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment