Monday, August 29, 2011

First Day of Class and Food Pictures

Now that I purchased an internet card for my computer (at last!!) I can access the web from my homestay. Life just got a whole lot easier.

Classes began today and I love my class! I'm in the smallest one; there are only ten of us. The level seems perfect, and the teacher is really nice. We spent so much time getting our computers set up with internet that we haven't done much exploring around the city today but we have our welcome dinner tonight so between the dinner and homework, our evening is plenty busy.

Alright, as promised, food pictures!! The food here is just as sumptuous and delightful as I've always heard and dreamed. NOM!!!!

Pizza, first night

My room!

Mmmm, Bruschetta

Signora Rolando!! Mia Mama Italiana :)

Boca della Verita

Caprese pizza with arugula

Oh, you know, the Colosseum

Nuns!!! They're absolutely EVERYWHERE!!

Cheese and mint ravioli ... wow

Bernini's Four Rivers Fountain, Piazza Navona, right next to school

Fontana di Trevi

Il Vittoriano, or, as Italians spitefully call it, "the wedding cake"

No comments:

Post a Comment